- The department of library science has been functioning since the inception of the college in the year 1951 with a number of 333 books and with one post of librarian.
- The department gradually developed year by year and at present it arrived to a Number of 54769 books. In addition to the text books, reference books other kinds are available in the library, which cater to the needs of the students as well as the teaching and Non teaching staff members.
- The library stood first among the libraries in Zone-1 in quality of book. The books in 33 various subjects are available in the library.
- We proud to say a good number of reference books vise encyclopedia of Britannica , encyclopedia of religion , culture and heritage of India in 4 voles , Oxford junior encyclopedia and many dictionaries are available in the library , which fulfill the needs of the needy of the needy persons .
- UGC grants and state Government. Funds enrich the library. Now computerization of the library is one process. The SOUL software has been installed in the college library computer on 27-12-2004.
- To lead the students into the ultimate realm of knowledge.
- To pursue excellence.
- To provide rich experience in the art of learning.
- To offer programmers that would enhance the skill development of the student.
- To make the instruction a central for research and development work.
- To train the student in value education and help them to became responsible citizens.
- To create a vibrant and holistic approach to education.
- To excel both curricular and extracurricular activities.
- To excel in service to cummunity
- Improve the quality of education at every level in respect of teaching, learning and research activities.
- Provide information sources to staff and students, which may encourage cultivation of Intellectual energy, initiate thinking and life-long learning.
- Give proper guidance to the users to search and use of information sources of the library.
- Provide information to co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Provide information of employment, career and competitive examination.
- Facilitate pleasurable and user friendly environment.
- Adopt different innovative services and practices to make maximum use of library resources.
- Bring documents, students and the academics together under one environment, which stimulate reading for pleasure, self realization, personal growth and development and the cultivation of intellectual excellence.
Library Advisory Committee:
This is an important committee which constitutes the members of staff one each from Science, Arts, Commerce and Languages. Principal is the Chairman of the Committee and the Librarian act as the convener and three students from I,II and III year.
Objectives of the Library Advisory Committee:
1 The developmental activities of the library are taken care of the Library Advisory Committee.
2 The members will meet twice in year to look after the development, requirement and facilities of the library and information Centre.
3 The resolutions are taken for the improvement of the Library and Information Centre keeping in view of the benefit of student’s career development and staff betterment in acquiring the knowledge.
The Members of the Library Advisory Committee for the year 2018-19 are:
- Sri S.Paparao, Lecturer in lib science
- Dr.S.Sai kumar, Lecturer in English.
- Sri Ch.Vijaya kumar, Lecturer in Maths.
- Dr.B.Srinivasa rao, Lecturer in Telugu.
- Sri H.Lakshmipathi,Lecturer in commerce.
- Sri K.Srinivasa rao,lecturer in physics.
- Reference service
- Clipping service
- Information display and notification service
- internet facility
- Reprographic service
- Question paper Service
GENERAL RULES OF THE LIBRARY
- All the students and staff are registered members of the library.
- The library will be kept open on all working days from 9am to 5pm with lunch break of on hour from 1pm to 2pm.
- The students must sign in the visitors/gate register while entering the library.
- Every student has to show his identity card at the time of taking Books, Newspapers and Journals.
- No student is allowed to enter the library with their personal books or bags except note book.
- Silence should be maintained in the library.
- Each student is eligible to borrow two books at a time depending on the availability of books in the library.
- Books will be issued to the students according to the library time table and only on production of the identity card .If the allotted is a holiday books will be issued on next working day. Returns and renewals are allowed on all working days.
- Students should verify the books before taking issue from the library. Don’t take damaged and turned books. At the time of the return of books to the library the students will be responsible for damaged and turned books.
- Books will be issued for a period of 14 days. Student should return or renew the borrowed books before 14 days, otherwise fine will be collected Rs.0.50 paisa per day after due date. SC/ST Book Bank Books will be issued to the SC/ST students for a period of one year. They should return books year end to the library.
- Reference books, competitive books and Journals will not be issued to the users on loan. But they can make use of such books in the library only.
- If they lose any of the books, they have to either replace the books or pay the amount double the cost of the book.
- They should not damage or disfigure the books by writing their name or marking any underlines in the books
- At the end of the year i.e. before issue of hall tickets all the students have to return the books to the library without fail and obtain No Dues. Otherwise hall tickets will not be issued to those students and they are not eligible for yearend exams
Facilities in the Library:
The department of Library science has been functioning since the inception of the college in the year 1951.Present the total collection of library is 54769 books. It is one of the biggest library in Andhra Pradesh. Library stack area is 3775 square feet with text book section reference section and circulation section. The library has reading room with 900 square feet with seating capacity of 150.
We are proud to say that good no. of Reference books, Encyclopedias, Religion, Culture, Heritage, Dictionaries and text books on various subjects to fulfill the needs of students and staff.
We are providing the services circulation service, Reference Service, News Paper clipping Service, Internet Service, Question paper Service and Reprographic Service
Library Books in General
Reference Books – 11850
Text Books – 22882
General books – 5122
Books in UGC text books – 2890
Books in gift books – 3124
Sc/St book bank – 8887
CD’s – 14
Total collection – 54769
Library is automated using SOUL Software (Software for university Library) integrated management system developed by INFLIBNET, Ahmadabad, Gujarat India. Total books in the library were accessioned through the software.
We are subscribing 16 periodicals/Magazines, 20 journals (National and International)
In The library there are 5 systems connected with Internet facility. We are providing internet facility to students and staff. College has the member of NDL (National Digital Library) and we are continuous Subscriber of N-List of INFLIBNET.Staff and students can access e-journals and e-books
|S.No||Type of books||No. of books|
|4||Books in UGC text books||2890|
|5||Books in gift books||3124|
|6||Sc/St book bank||8887|
|Total No. of books||54769|
|S.No||Name of the subject||No. of books|
|29||Tax – procedure & commerce||76|
|35||SC/ST Book Bank||8887|
|Total no of books||54769|
Reading room details
News papers – 05
Periodicals – 18
Journals – 18
Systems – 05(internet connected)
|S.No||Name of the news paper|
|5||The Hans India|
|S.No||Name of the periodicals / journals||periodicity|
|3||Vijetha competitions||Forth night|
|4||Udyoga Sopanam||Forth night|
|5||Business today||Forth night|
|6||Business World||Forth night|
|16||Pratiyogit a darpan||Monthly|
|20||Civil services Chronicle||Monthly|
|21||Banking services Chronicle||Monthly|
|24||Competetion Success Review||Monthly|
|30||Competetion in Focus||Monthly|
|31||Tell me Why||Monthly|
|33||Banking & Current affairs||Monthly|
ICT in the library
Library has been improved by manual to computerization with SOUL (software for university libraries) software under INFLIBNET programme. Online public access catalogue (OPAC) is available to student and faculty and also member N-List / INFLIBNET.
No of systems – 05
Library software – SOUL 2.0 (Upgrade version)
Catalogue and accessioning – OPAC
- Computerization of library system SOUL software.
- Library information in the college prospectus.
- Display of New Arrivals.
- Display of Newspaper clippings periodically.
- Career/Employment Information Services.
- User- orientation for the First year student
- Suggestion box timely response
- Best user Award every year
- Back Volumes of Journals to departments