|2006-07 to 2011-12|
|2012-13 to 2018-19|
|2017-18 to 2019-20|
|Job Drives Reports|
JKC is an innovative and pioneering initiative that brings the best students from all over the state, providing them with best infrastructure, offering best-guidance, best content, and opportunities to apply their knowledge on the challenging problems. JKCs are established in Degree colleges spread across the State of Andhra Pradesh to increase the standards of employability skills. In JKC the students are trained to learn the soft skills, analytical skills and communication skills by employing accelerated learning strategies. Availability of Trained students is attracting many companies to come to Andhra Pradesh.
The ever-increasing prominence of India on the global map has led to a growing demand for hard working, talented and skilled students with good computer skills, communication skills, analytical skills, and industry related skills. The doors of global job market are opened to students who can speak fluently, compute quickly, write legibly and analyze logically. The conventional curriculum offered through B. A., B. Com and B.Sc., courses does not impart requisite skills relevant for dynamic job market especially that of emerging industries like Software and BPO. The Department has felt the need to offer training to bridge the skill deficit of students and to enable them seize employment opportunities in job market. Its primary aim is to provide intensive training to students to acquire employable skills and enable them to gain confidence to obtain a job. These centers aim to provide solution to the problem of unemployment faced by students studying nonprofessional courses in Degree Colleges of Andhara Pradesh State.
JKC was started with the objectives of Developing Skills, Providing Opportunities and Unleashing Potential, with Sri K. Bhagavathi Rao as the JKC Coordinator with effect from 10/10/ 2006 and commenced training the students from April in the academic year 2007-08. Presently, Dr D. Pyditalli, Lecturer in Economics, has been the Coordinator since September,2019.
· To promote the Government – Institute – Industry interaction.
· To provide conducive environment for learning by doing in colleges.
· To empower students living in the rural areas to bridge the Urban – Rural divide.
· To produce readily employable graduates by imparting employability oriented soft skills.
· To provide the best of the opportunities to the students belong to weaker and marginalized sections.
· To provide Placements in Earn-while-Learn Scheme.
The benefits of Jawahar Knowledge Center:
To be a centre of eminence, to produce highly skilled, globally competent graduates.
· Creating Opportunity
· Developing Skills
· Unleashing Potential
· Providing placements in reputed companies
· Providing high quality, real world, industry relevant, career oriented, professional education to rural students towards their excellence and growth.
· Serving as a center of technical excellence, creating globally competent, human resources with ethical and moral values.