The College campus is spread over an area of 38 acres with good infrastructure facility to support the teaching-learning process. Classrooms are adequate and as per the specifications prescribed by statutory authorities. The following facilities are also available in the College.
- A lush green campus with a botanical garden having varied collection of plants including medicinal plants.
- Centralized and automated library with circulation and reference. It has a digital and reprographic facility. The departmental libraries also cater to the reference needs of the teaching community.
- 45 spacious well ventilated & furnished classrooms out of which 24 for Science classes in old building and 21 additional classrooms are confined to Arts & Commerce.
- 14 laboratories with modern equipment.
- A spacious silver jubilee auditorium with a seating capacity of 500.
- Seminar hall equipped with LCD projector and sound system.
- Jawahar Knowledge Centre (JKC) for training and counseling regarding employment skills and opportunities.
- 2 Computer labs with LAN facility and internet connection.
- Wi-Fi access in the entire campus.
- Solar power utilization facility.
- Grievance & Redressed Cell, Women Empowerment Cell to address the problems of the students, if any.
- Students managed hostel with accommodation for 200 students.
- Canteen with hygienic conditions and subsidized prices.
Infrastructure facilities for academic activities
|S. No.||Description||Availability (Number)|
|3||Virtual class rooms||6|
|4||Technology enabled computer laboratories||Commerce Lab - 1 Computer Science Lab - 1 ELL Lab - 1 JKC Lab - 1|
|5||Air Conditioned instrumentation Lab||1 (Microbiology)|
|13||Dr B R Ambedkar Open University Study centre block||1|
|14||Andhra University distance education study centre block||1|
Infrastructure facilities for administrative activities
|S. No||Description||Availability (No.)|
|3||Placement Cell (JKC)||01|
Infrastructure facilities for other Amenities
|SL No.||Description||Availability (No.)|
|1||Toilets||Boys : 20 Girls : 08|
|2||Ladies waiting hall||1|
Vehicle Parking: Closed sheds are available for parking of two wheelers and four wheelers. A caretaker is there to look after their security.
Sports & Games
The following supplements are available in the College in this regard:
- 23 acres of a spacious playground with all amenities like cricket pitch developed as Turf pitch, tennis court, running tracks etc.,
- A modern Gym with four stations for bodybuilding of the students.
- Health center with a regular pharmacist, visiting doctor and first aid facilities.
- Yoga training by a qualified instructor.
Facilities for Physically challenged Students
To fulfill the essential needs and to ensure easy access to the physically challenged:
- Wheelchairs & Ram at new block.
- Scribe facility during examinations.
- office subordinates are providing their helping hand such as seating arrangements during examinations, care is taken to accommodate them in the ground floor.
Number of computers – department wise for their own:
All the departments are provided with computers with internet facility.
|S.No||Name of the Department||No of systems|
|18||English Language Lab||50|
Computers and its accessories maintenance:
1.BSNL engineers help maintains internet facility.
2.Faculty members from the department of computer science maintaining the computer labs and departments.
3. For some time AMC was given to external agency who attended to all repairs periodically. In recent years, because of the state policy, the revenue from fee collection abruptly fell down to 45%. Hence it became problem allotting money for AMC.
4. Now that IMF scheme is being sanctioned by the UGC, every care is taken maintain computers and accessories with an updated version and with spick & span.
Output of the various departments in developing computer-aided packages for their discipline:
Faculty is using computers for preparing documentation (reports), preparing powerpoint presentations, preparing study material for students. Faculty members are encouraging the students for research work in the various departments in this college. The lessons available on the internet (You-Tube) also used for classroom teaching.
Internet services available to students and Faculty:
Faculty and students are using BSNL Broad Band internet service with 100 Mbps speed.185 computer systems have internet facility in this college. As a policy of the government of Andhra Pradesh, we are accessed with 100 Mbps AP FIBER NET.
Institutional website and web-based facilities used and updated for the benefit of teachers, students, and other stakeholders:
The college updates the website regularly with the latest reports, events and activities, information regarding founders of the institution, vision, mission, administrative procedures, course strength, fee structure, research projects, alumni association, placement cell etc. The teacher profile and photo gallery are updated every 6 months. The college website www.gcmsklm.in has all the current information and news/ events /update information about the courses offered. The website is regularly updated by the academic coordinator. A link for Alumni association is allotted and any request to support the college is placed in Alumni slot allotted. Scrolling type news/activities/circulars also placed in the website.